Description of problem:
Using tinyMCE.activeEditor.focus() or tinyMCE.activeEditor.selection.setContent() loses the ability to use the cursor up/down keys within the edit window. Instead the arrow keys scroll the page.
Steps to reproduce:
1. In our case a page is loaded with a tinymce instance and a button can be clicked to (a) scroll to the editor section and (b) place the cursor in the edit window.
2. This calls a js routine that uses tinyMCE.activeEditor.focus()
3. The cursor is indeed in the edit window and yoy can type and use the editor correctly.
4. using the up/down/pageup/pagedown keys does not move the cursor from line to line or top to bottom as expected but scrolls the entire page.
5. Note this is ONLY on Firefox. At least version 7 and 8 - probably 6 as well.
6. We are using TinyMCE version 3.4.6
Expected result: Cursor movement within edit window
Actual result: Cursor movement no longer bound to edit window
If you wish to follow or post a comment, you need to be registered and logged in.