Topic: Image Manager-installation instructions beyond my understanding

Hi
I have just bought a licence for Imagemanager to use as a TinyMCe plugin... I have tried and tried to follow the installation instructions but I do not know what they mean. I am not inexperienced (I build sites for a living, I run advanced Joomla site installations etc) but, e.g. where the installation instructions (I am using it with php) say "# Add imagemanager to the TinyMCE init plugins option.
# Add insertimage to the list of buttons in the TinyMCE init options.' there seems to be no explanation as to how that is done... Is ther a config type file somewhere to edit?  How do i do this? Can someone help-given that I can hack a mySql Joomla install to generate a hex password equivalent with an MD5 generator it leaves me feeling a bit stupid that I can't even install a plugin!

Re: Image Manager-installation instructions beyond my understanding

I am using this with WebYep btw.

It is referring to the two settings/options of TinyMCE named "plugins" and (for example) "theme_advanced_buttons1" (if you use the advanced theme).

I don't know how to work with WebYep, it might affect how you should go about with this, but here's an example based on the source at http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tryit/full.php:

tinyMCE.init({
        // General options
        mode : "textareas",
        theme : "advanced",
        plugins : "imagemanager,spellchecker,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template",

// Theme options
        theme_advanced_buttons1 : "save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
        theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
        theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
        theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,spellchecker,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,blockquote,pagebreak,|,insertfile,insertimage",
});

As you can see it has "imagemanager" in the plugins option, and "insertimage" in the fourth button row definition.

Hi
Thanks for the helpful reply. I am sure what you say is correct. My question is terribly basic though.
I understand I need to put the code in as above...
But where??? In which file does it go??? I have no file named 'tinymce.init. Do I need to create a file with this name? Or does the section of code go elsewhere? Please understand my question id terribly basic and I do not understand some fundamentals here.

What's in that example is javascript code. it's normally embedded in the HTML code of a page.

This is where your use of WebYep comes in. I haven't used it so I don't know where to place this. The way it is used can differ as well, for example I am using the jQuery plugin for Tiny so I don't have that "tinyMCE.init" like in the example.

Maybe you can ask the WebYep community about this? Someone should know where this would be placed.

Ok I relly do appreciate your answer, but it seems we are at cross purposes. I do not think it is a a WebYep issue.
As I understand it, Image Manager is a plugin for the TinyMCE editor. This means that, when the ImageManager plugin is installed, when the TinyMce editor is called up, in the toolbar will appear a button to enable  the user to upload and edit images in a more comprehensive way than is offered by the basic 'ad insert image' button that the TinyMCE editor ships with as standard.
I have bought the Image Manager. I neeed to do whatever is necessary to install it so that when the Editor opens, it shows the Image Manager button.

I do not know/can not find how and where those instructions are carried out.

So in the installation instruction it says:
"Add imagemanager to the TinyMCE init plugins option"
My questions are: where do the TinyMCE init options reside?
How are they configured in the way the instructions say?
Similarly, when in the next line the instructions state: "Add insertimage to the list of buttons in the TinyMCE init options" I need to have the terrible basic kindergarten level explanation as to where is the list of buttons? The instructions seem to assume that you already know but I don't. that's why I need the instructions.  What is meant by 'the Tiny MCE init options'? Where are they etc?
Thank you once again for your reply but perhaps I have now made a better job of explaining my question.

martinjbull wrote:

I neeed [...] so that when the Editor opens, it shows the Image Manager button.

Use the theme_advanced_buttons<1-n> configuration option (or any related one) of the advanced theme in order to add the button for the image manager where you need it. The button's name is "insertimage".

In the official fully featured example Moxiecode use this line of code to add this button (and the filemanager button) to their fourth button row:

theme_advanced_buttons4 : "(other button names),|,insertfile,insertimage",

Note that you must use the advanced theme in order to customize button rows in the first place.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
(-> about me and this forum <-)

martinjbull wrote:

Ok I relly do appreciate your answer, but it seems we are at cross purposes. I do not think it is a a WebYep issue.

So in the installation instruction it says:
"Add imagemanager to the TinyMCE init plugins option"
My questions are: where do the TinyMCE init options reside?
How are they configured in the way the instructions say?
Similarly, when in the next line the instructions state: "Add insertimage to the list of buttons in the TinyMCE init options" I need to have the terrible basic kindergarten level explanation as to where is the list of buttons? The instructions seem to assume that you already know but I don't. that's why I need the instructions.  What is meant by 'the Tiny MCE init options'? Where are they etc?
Thank you once again for your reply but perhaps I have now made a better job of explaining my question.

Im not saying that WebYep is doing anything wrong or such. My only point is that if you were not using WebYep or some other thing that helped you build the site, you would most likely have an easier time to know where to put these things, because you would've implemented TinyMCE yourself. I guess.

What you need to do is locate the file where these settings are configured/where TinyMCE is instantiated using some JS code (most likely).

Anyway, I did some Googling for you on "webyep tinymce imagemanager" and this is the first hit in the result list: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/forum/view … ?pid=28553

Hope that helps.

Thank you. I have yet to work out how to set different themes but will explore what you say. Thank you.

Let us know smile