Topic: The new version of TinyMCE doesn't work with chrome.

I had installed tinymce on my moodle site. the version is v3.2.5. And the tinymce was work fine. (in IE, Firefox, chrome)

In several day ago, I had upgrade tinymce to version 3.4.3, but the tinymce tool icon is blank(only has textarea) in chrome, (version is 12.0.742.122). The IE, firefox are work.

The below is my init config:
----------
tinyMCE.init({

mode : "textareas",
        theme : "advanced",
        skin : "o2k7",
        relative_urls : false,
        convert_urls : false,
        force_p_newlines : false,
        force_br_newlines : true,
        forced_root_block : '',
        plugins : "safari,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,inlinepopups",
        media_strict:false,

file_browser_callback : 'moodleFileBrowser',       

theme_advanced_buttons1 : "save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,|,fontselect,fontsizeselect,|,forecolor,backcolor",
        theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code",
        theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr",
        theme_advanced_buttons4 : "styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,pagebreak,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
        theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
        theme_advanced_resizing : true,

// Drop lists for link/image/media/template dialogs
        template_external_list_url : "lists/template_list.js",
        external_link_list_url : "lists/link_list.js",
        external_image_list_url : "lists/image_list.js",
        media_external_list_url : "lists/media_list.js"
    });   
----------

I trird to test "Full featured example"(http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tryit/full.php) in Chrome, the tinymce tool icon is blank, too.

So I think the root cause is not my init config.

Does new version(v3.4.3, 3.4.3.2) of tinymce is compatible with Chrome?

Re: The new version of TinyMCE doesn't work with chrome.

I had problems with 3.4 not initializing also, but in a variety of browsers. I stepped back down to 3.3.9.4 and it was OK. I didn't report this because I never get any help here and I'm not expecting that to change.

The example works fine for me with Chrome, same version as you. Maybe you have some extension that's blocking it?

Have you checked that you don't load non-existing plugins? The "safari plugin" has long since moved to the core of TinyMCE. If you've replaced your TinyMCE directory instead of overwriting existing files when you upgraded your editor this plugin doesn't exist anymore. Your config still links to it and this might break TinyMCE in some browsers.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
(-> about me and this forum <-)

I have removed the Chrome extension, Window resizer. Now, my chrome doesn't have any extensions.
And I have removed the "safari plugin" from init configuration.
But the tinymce tool icons are still blank. (the same as my site and tinymce "Full featured example").

Have any other suggestions? Thanks.

I suggest you re-install Chrome. Seems like only you have that problem...

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
(-> about me and this forum <-)

This works fine: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tryit/full.php in my Chrome 12.xx.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE