Topic: TinyMCE 3.5b1 Released

We been working on the 3.5 branch for a while and it was time to release a first beta of that code. It includes some new features that have been requested by the community.

It also contains some internal changes to boost performance since this release includes a lot of new features and major changes to some of the internals we release this as a beta release.

Rewritten noneditable plugin
We decided to rewrite the noneditable plugin from scratch since the old one had some issues with nested editable contents and was a bit tricky to use. The new logic makes it easier to handle nested editable regions and inline noneditable blocks of text like variables/placeholders.

Here is a demo of the new noneditable plugin:
http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/noneditable_content.php

HTML5 support and visualblocks plugin
We have seen some feedback on subject of editing HTML5 contents inside TinyMCE so we decided to add support for editing the block level HTML5 elements like section and article etc.

We needed to create a visualblocks plugin in order to edit these new block types since it would be difficult without having visible guidelines where the blocks start/end.

Here is a demo of the visualblocks plugin and a config setup for editing HTML5.
http://www.tinymce.com/tryit/html5_formats.php

Styles preview
A common request over the years have been to have a preview of the styles in the styles drop down. The common response we had before was that it would be difficult since some CSS properties of these styles might interfere with the UI. We solved this by only taking CSS properties that alter text appearance and not the once that might break layout.

Feedback/Bug reports
We love to get feedback on these new features or bug reports if you find any issues.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.5b1 Released

Hi all,

The links worked great on my Nokia Lumia 800.

Good work!!

Fantastic news!  We are looking forward to the additional HTML5 support, especially.

It is a perfect time for Sizzle update. Are there any issues with this?

I downloaded the custom package with the .NET compressor selected, but it came with the old implementation, namely "tiny_mce_gzip.aspx".  The latest compressor for .NET is "Compressor 2.0.4 .NET" which comes with "tiny_mce_gzip.ashx".  Could you put the latest version of the .NET compressor into the custom package download please?

Thanks,
Ray.

I am eager to use the new non-editable plugin. Just have some minor comments:
- It should allow to navigate into an editable element nested inside a non-editable element.
- It should be possible to drag/drop non-editable element when it is selected
- People should not be able to drop some text into a non-editable element.
Thanks for great work!

The 3.4.x series seems to have been removed from the download page (displaced by the 3.5 beta it appears). Can you put the 3.4.x back up please?

Nevermind, I found it at https://github.com/tinymce/tinymce/downloads

Styles preview:
How it is possible to set the background of the style preview drop down menu?
The problem: We have a black site and the text color of the style are white. So we have white on white...

christian.schneider wrote:

Styles preview:
How it is possible to set the background of the style preview drop down menu?
The problem: We have a black site and the text color of the style are white. So we have white on white...

I am having the same problem. Is there an answer to this question ?