Topic: TinyMCE 3.5.8 Released

This release fixes a few bugs and issues on the 3.5 branch.

It's been a while since the last release but that is because we are working on the upcoming 4.0 alpha version and it a major rewrite but we are getting closer now to the first public release.

We will continue to maintain the 3.x branch for a year at least after we release 4.0 since it's a major change and some API functions are different. More details on this later on. So stay tuned. And thanks for all the pull requests and bug reports.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.5.8 Released

Is there any way to Drag control and Drop it to the TinyMCE Editor ?
I will have to implement that in one of my application.

Hello Friends,

I am using TINY_MCE Editor 3.5.8 . But it is only working fine with IE9 not with other mazor browsers like Mozilla or chrome . Is there any solution ?

Last edited by purohitdevanand (2012-12-05 11:16:34)

Dev Anand
Software Engineer
Bangalore India

When can we see the TinyMCE 4.0 ? or preview or schedule...
I'm looking forward to it!

Doesn't seems like the NuGet packages (1 2) are available yet...?

Just wanted to let you know smile

@realkoy: It's about 95% done so very soon.
@stingbat: Fixed it now. Thanks for telling us.

Best regards,

OK, Thank you.
Expect the new Tinymce 4 as soon as possible smile

Tank you TINYMCE

Any idea when we might see first release of 4.0 ?  Just trying to decide to use very basic editor in mobile app or wait as 3.5.8 has a few mobile glitches

Hi i am using an update panel in my page. I see a strange behaviour, tiny mce works fine for full postback , but for partial post back it is not working as expected.Please help.

Last edited by oukuri (2013-03-18 09:16:02)

Hi I found solution for my problem of tinyMCE not working as expected with update panel.I have used two methods of scriptmanager to add the control to tinymce at starting when request comes to server and remove on submit of the page from server to the client. Please find the code for that below. (between i am a tinyMCE novice , correct me if my explanation is wrong)

ScriptManager.RegisterStartupScript(this.Page, this.GetType(), Guid.NewGuid().ToString(), "tinyMCE.execCommand('mceAddControl', true,'" + txtInvCmnt.ClientID + "');", true);

ScriptManager.RegisterOnSubmitStatement(this.Page, this.GetType(), txtInvCmnt.ClientID + "Remove", "tinyMCE.execCommand('mceRemoveControl', true,'" + txtInvCmnt.ClientID + "');");

Last edited by oukuri (2013-03-19 07:46:03)

spocke wrote:

@realkoy: It's about 95% done so very soon.

Any updates?

Hi, I operate a TWIki website that uses TinyMCE. I am getting calls from people who are saying that my editor (TinyMCE 3.2.4.1 in this case) is not allowing the left hand mouse button to work. It appears this is happening to people running IE under Windows 7. It works for IE under XP. I just want to verify that TinyMCE only works under Windows XP as indicated in your browser compatibility page. Is this correct, even for your version 4.0?  This is causing me big problems. Thanks. David

Can't download 3.5.8. Can you give a correct link.

download link for new version  3.5.8

We fixed the download link now.

Best regards,

Sorry to be a pain but it's not working for me? It loads but the download never begins - just wanted to check whether it is an issue at my end or not

Last edited by mercivoilaplease (2013-06-03 10:09:26)