Topic: TinyMCE 4.0.17 Released

This version includes much more improved accessibility support for popular screen readers like NVDA and Jaws. We will add some documentation about the current support and recommendations for screen readers etc.

We also re-introduced the ability to have a class drop down for the image and link dialogs. These needs to be configured manually since the Formats menu should still be the preferred way to add styling to contents inside the editor since it's WYSIWYG.

Since it's been nearly a month since the last release we made a ton of bug fixes. Will try to release more often so these so called patch releases doesn't include to much changes.

Check the changelog for details on the specific bug fixes etc.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 4.0.17 Released

Sorry to report the first error in plugin/wordcount/plugin.min.js (regel 1, kol 60)

SyntaxError: invalid range in character class ( his;n=e.getParam("wordcount_countregex",/[\w’'\-À-῿]+/g),o=e.getParam("word... )

I think it should be [\w\u2019\x27\-\u00C0-\u1FFF]+/g

Last edited by ceasar (2014-02-26 15:45:21)

Thank you a lot for your work!

@ceasar: Apparently it was a bug in Uglify didn't have the latest version installed so it was ignoring the ascii_only setting. Re-deployed the zip packages didn't do a new release since nothing in the actual source code has been changed.

Best regards,

Thanks Spocke. Fixed

Thank you for adding the class list for images & links. But there should be a default option of None that will automatically come up. This is a key feature. Generally with links and/or images, you do not want to add classes for all of them.

Regards,
Pratik

Kind Regards,
Pratik

You can configure in the none value see:
http://www.tinymce.com/wiki.php/Configu … class_list

Apparently some users want to force classes on images/links so this gives you the ability to do both when inserting a link/image.

Best regards,

Aah perfect. Thanks

Keep up the good work

Kind Regards,
Pratik

Hi spocke,

I was able to implement this easily. Thanks for your help.

However as an additional feature, I would recommend that the Class dropdown shows preview of the class i.e. if the font colour is orange, than the class name in the dropdown should be colored orange. This will be of great help.

Thanks & keep up the good work

Kind Regards,
Pratik