Topic: changing the insertion caret's color

Is this possible? I've browsed through a tiny bit of the code and realize that I'll probably miss it unable to keep focus on what I'm looking for.

Is there a way to set the color of the cursor/insertion caret? We use

tinyMCE.init({content_css : '/css/stil.css', and more});

and stil.css includes:

body {
    background-color: #76787b;
    color: #fff;
    /* other non-interesting stuff */
}

and this makes the caret very hard to spot. The CSS looks this way because it's how the client's web site will look like and of course it'd be nice to have the content of the editor look as close to the result as possible.
However, the insertion caret must stand out in some way - with the above style it's hard to spot it at all.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Re: changing the insertion caret's color

I have the exact same problem, and can't seem to find any way to change the carrets color, wich is really annoying.
I hope for some help here!

Thanks for any help in advance

//Markus

With no answer on this, I guess I have too deep dive into the js-files and search up how the caret is drawn and figure out how to change to color from there... Quite much work for such a little thing =/ But I guess that's my only choise

Okay, I seem to get hang of how this works...

If I haven't gotten the things wrong, the "caret" is the default caret, that are drawn by the os, so change the color
, you have to change it in the os, OR change the background on the place where the caret is with js,
wich seems to be WAY over my skills, especially when advanced stuff as tinyMce is initiated.

This means that I have to give up and just tune the background color a bit.

The carets color seems to be the inverted color in grayscale of the background...

Hope this information helps atleast someone, and please correct me if I'm wrong!

//Markus

Last edited by mackyman (2007-07-06 12:50:09)