Topic: You may use TinyMCE in your commercial application/website
Anyone that want to use TinyMCE in their commercial application or website are free to do so.
Below are how we understand the leagal mumbo jumbo in the LGPL license and how we look at people and companies using TinyMCE in commercial systems.
* LGPL software is focused on libraries. And anything that uses LGPL libraries may or may not be commercial as long as the license of the library is not changed and the whole application with source is distributed with the product.
* Any modifications to the LGPL:ed library must be open source too.
* The bridge between the library and the application must be open source, or possible for a client to change. This is somewhat fuzzy but, with TinyMCE all HTML/PHP/JSP/ASP pages that use the editor are source code anyway.
* If you earn bundles of cash of you product that uses TinyMCE, it would be nice if you could donate some cash. So we may buy more beer and be more happy developing this application.
* It would be nice if you add the "Powered by TinyMCE" icons some where in the system or documentation or give us credit for our work in some other way.
So the conclusion is, we encourage people and companies to use TinyMCE in both open source systems aswell as commercial systems aslong as you give something back. :-)
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE