Topic: default font size

I would like to know how to change the default font-size of the message that appears at a textarea with tinymce (the message you write at the textarea for the users to see).

Thanks in advance.

Re: default font size

Yes how can you do this? What change needs to be made?

anyone?

I don't understand what message you're talking about.

How do you change the default font face/size for the textarea that TinyMCE controls?

It's in the manual.  Hint: CSS.

Yes I realize I can change the background color, but is there a hack that allows users to do it? I don't want a theme chage but rather a color palette similar to the font color palette.

You can uploade your own css and change it there! Then you can change the standard text and the header! Look under the Subject: Chance css - H1 to se how.

hmm I am also wondering how to initialize the default font.

I have change editor_ui.css and tried editor_content.css

Arial 11pt

But nothing seems to happen???

Any suggestions?

Oh and when you are building your own CSS which .css would be the one? editor or content?

The editor_content.css is the CSS for the editor area the body. The editor_ui.css is for the toolbars, buttons and so forth and the editor_popup.css is for all popup windows. These three can be overriden by changing config values.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

@spocke, thx the description of the files are clear

Loving the program, I just need to get it all.

I am an intermediate php guy, but never been into javascript. Really like the "simple" way TinyMCE can be initialized.

Read the manual and I am trying/playing with some stuff, but some don't do what I expect them to do.

Guess I need to read and test some more.

Hello. spocke.

I read through this list and tried a lot of google search. Perhaps I am stupid or something, but I still don't know how to change default font size. Actually 10px is much too small for Chinese.

You've mensioned editor_content.css is the CSS for the editor area the body, and I modified that css file, looks plainly no effect at all. And I also carefully checked manual (particularly, http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tinymce/do … tion.html) and do not know how to get the font size overridden by changing what config variable! I would very much appreciate some hints!

Thank you!

Everytime I am trying to be smart I end up getting more stupid. Now I realized what spocke saying is that the CSS file fot Content can be overridden rather then font size can be overridden by config values, so I was heading to completely wrong direction.

For other stupid people come here from google like me: please use this config variable and use your own CSS file:
http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/tinymce/do … t_css.html

I have got problem also. When I open a blank document, I type some thing in editor (textarea) , font is too small and it is not which I like.

I want to change it into other. I attemped to edit file editor_content.css, editor_ui.css in themes/advanced/css (I use advanced theme) but happened nothing.

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/5880/fonttinymceyh5.gif

Please tell me what should I do.

Thanks a lot!

Last edited by superthin (2006-07-19 05:42:19)

This is most likely a CACHING issue.  CSS files are cached agressively.  You can delete all cached files (in your browser) or go to the file location directly and <shift> refresh the url to view the css file.  It would be something like:

http://yoursite.com/js/tiny_mce/themes/ … ontent.css

You are updating the correct file (editor_content.css, as Spocke says), just be sure it is not cached, you'll be good to go.  When you override, by adding the editor_content.css property to the config - you are more likely to see your results right away.

Last edited by swards (2006-07-26 01:46:51)

I have the same problem with the cache. After clear cache, everything is fine. Thank you so much!

tognaco wrote:

I would like to know how to change the default font-size of the message that appears at a textarea with tinymce (the message you write at the textarea for the users to see).

Thanks in advance.

This option allows specification of a comma separated list of style values that is to be used when the user selects font sizes. This option is only used when the convert_fonts_to_spans option is enabled. This list of style values should be 7 items. This option is not used by default, but can be useful if you want to have custom CSS values for each font size for browser compatiblity. Defaults to: xx-small,x-small,small,medium,large,x-large,xx-large.

Example of usage of the font_size_style_values option:

tinyMCE.init({
    font_size_style_values : "xx-small,x-small,small,medium,large,x-large,xx-large"
});

Credit :
http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/Tin … yle_values

Here is what I did to change the DEFAULT font size in the textarea shown in the editor:

In the content.css file, for the advanced theme, I added p and div and increased the font size.

body, td, pre, p, div {color:#000; font-family:Lucida Grande, Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:16px; margin:8px;}

I added the line below as well;
.mceContentBody p {   font-size: 1.2em !important; }/* FF requires a important here */

This seemed to catch the "default font size", but there are still catches. 1. do not use the same filename for content.css  and your sites css as listed in the content_css init section. 2. Watch out for existing content with spans, and other types of formatted content.

I still see some initial formatting that then changes immediately to what I want upon load of tiny's tool bar.

Good luck!

Last edited by Dosolutions (2010-04-17 02:21:48)