Topic: TinyMCE 3.0b2 and Spellchecker 2.0b2 PHP

These two releases contains mostly bug fixes, thanks a lot for all the help we have been getting with finding the bugs and issues with the new core. Please continue to help us test it and report any bugs or issues you might encounter using the bug tracker function at SourceForge.

Changelog for the new 3.0b2 release:
-----------------
Added type and compact attributes to the default valid_elements list for the ul and ol elements.
Added missing accessibility support to native list boxes in both the toolbar and dialogs.
Added missing access key for the element path for accessibility reasons.
Fixed support for loading themes from external URLs.
Fixed bug where setOuterHTML didn't work correctly when multiple elements where passed to it.
Fixed bug with visualchars plugin was moving elements around in the DOM.
Fixed bug with DIV elements that got converted into editors on IE.
Fixed bug with paste plugin using the old event API.
Fixed bug where the spellchecker was removing the word when it was ignored.
Fixed bug where fullscreen wasn't working properly.
Fixed bug where the base href element and attribute was ignored.
Fixed bug where redo function didn't work in IE.
Fixed bug where content_css didn't work as previous 2.x branch.
Fixed bug where preview dialog was throwing errors if the content_css wasn't defined.
Fixed bug where the theme_advanced_path option didn't work like the 2.x branch.
Fixed bug where the theme_advanced_statusbar_location was called theme_advanced_status_location.
Fixed bug where the strict_loading_mode option didn't work if you created editors dynamically without using the EditorManager.
Fixed bug where some language values wasn't translated such as insert and update in dialogs.
Fixed bug where some image attributes wasn't stored correctly when inserting an image.
Fixed bug where fullscreen mode didn't restore scrollbars when disabled.
Fixed bug where there was no visual representation for tab focus in toolbars on IE.
Fixed bug where HR elements wasn't treated as block elements so forced_root_block would fail on these.
Fixed bug where autosave presented warning message even when the form was submitted normally.
Fixed typo of openBrower it's now openBrowser in form_utils.js.
Fixed various HTML problems like missing TD elements and duplicated doctypes.
Fixed default values for theme_advanced_resize_horizontal, theme_advanced_resizing_use_cookie to be 2.x compatible.
Moved spellchecker JS files into the development package.
Removed support for theme_advanced_path_location since the theme_advanced_statusbar_location is the correct option name.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.0b2 and Spellchecker 2.0b2 PHP

Yeeeehaaaaa!

I'm waiting desperately for TinyMCE3 to become release candidate. smile

Way to go spocke!

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
(-> about me and this forum <-)

Version 3 dosn`t work in mozzila 1.7.7. v2 is working...

We only support browsers that have enough market share. A list of supported browsers and platform can be found here: http://wiki.moxiecode.com/index.php/Tin … mpatiblity

Best regards,

I know this isn't the right place for a feature request, sorry, but I just want to throw it out there. Could you make it so that the font size drop down's default setting can be set in the init block?

Thanks,
TJ

What do you mean by default setting? The CSS controls the default setting.

Best regards,

Sorry, your right, I forgot that CSS controled that. Huge brain fart I guess. lol I love TinyMCE though, great job guys!

Hi,

the preview looks amazing.
I cannot expect integrating 3.0 into our ecommerce solution.

What did you think - is 3.0b2 stable enough for live system integration?

Currently we use 2.1.3, but 3.0 seems realy a great step forward!

greetz
phileon

From my perspective 3.0b2 works pretty well. The only problem I have is my custom filebrowser and tiny_mce_popup.js...

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
(-> about me and this forum <-)

I just upgraded to version 3...it's great!  So many things that I've been wanting, all in a nice tiny package. (pun intended)

I do have a question, though.  I only have one third party plugin: jmform.  How do I need to rewrite it to make it work with version 3?  A previous post (on another thread) said that the wiki would walk us through the plugin migration process, but I can't find it.

Last edited by brochris (2007-12-04 22:59:00)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
chrisandabby.com : designsbychris.com : 100mostbeautifulbabies.com

Hello there,

I am checking my bug reports against 3.0 SVN.

Question 1: I "close" and mark as "fixed" the ones which are fixed by this release. Is that correct?

Question 2: If I add a comment "exists with 3.0 svn too", will you receive a notification and try to take a look if interested? Or how can I mark them as "valid with 3.0 beta too"?

Many thanks,
Ferenc

Add the version number in the comment. If they are fixed in 3.0 then they are fixed.

Best regards,

I am wondering if getSelection works on Safari or not.
I have version 2.1 which works on IE & Firefox but on Safari getSelection does not work.
Whenever try to select the text from tinymce editor by selecting and clicking a button (not in editor), the focus moves and getSelection return null.
Is it a bug in tinymce or bug in Safari (I am using MAC 10.4.9) or I am doing something wrong.

Thanks in advance.

The 3.x branch of TinyMCE is the one we focus on getting stable of Safari it's already pretty stable but there are still quirks.

Best regards,

Hey, just wanted to bring a minor detail to your attention, seems when writing an ordered list and you end it (w/ <enter><enter>) the cursor is set to the begining of the document. (That is in FF2 under Linux)

Thanks,
TJ

I got Dom Exception 9 in safari when I tried to insert textbox value to tinymce editor.
tinyMCE.execCommand('mceInsertContent',false,document.form1.txt2.value);
This command is called on click of a button.

The same command works from the examples given with the download of tinymce.

Regards,

I guess this is not a right topic to post a problem and issue. I am sorry for that, but I will appreciate I get a reply.

Thank you.

Out of interest is their public SVN/CVS we can check TinyMCE 3 out with? I keep checking back to see if it has gone stable and am not even away of progress, ie are you guys now on holiday, do you recon it will be stable for the new year?

Forgot to say, great job though. smile

Last edited by Row (2007-12-13 10:59:25)

The DOM exception might have been fixed since the current SVN version includes an fix for a similar problem.
You can check out and browse the latest SVN version from source forge.

Best regards,

I am window user and I am using tortoisesvn,  when i asked to import the tortoisesvn asked for username and password.
I guess user is tinymce but I am not sure of password.

You can checkout the SVN version anonymously so you should not need a password. Follow the instructions on the SF page.

Best regards,