Topic: Image caption plugin
I downloded tinyMCE a couple of days ago, and needed a functionality that wasnt provided: adding caption to images. So I created a plugin that can do this.
Here are some pictures taken:
Dialog in action:
Usage: Select an image in your tiny editor and then use this plugin to add caption and modify some values described below:
You can set:
* Caption text
* Caption position (top/bottom)
* Caption text-alignment
* Caption text color
* Caption text background color
* Background color
* Border color, style and width
* Float and clear
* Save and load settings (values are stored in cookie)
* Apply changes while dialog is still open, so you can preview the effect
Numerical values are treated as pixel values. In color fields you can enter any valid css color value e.g.:red, blue, #F00, #FeFa67, rgb (100,23,100)
The plugin generates one of the following structures based on position setting:
* <span class="imageCaption"><img/><span>captiontext</span></span>
* <span class="imageCaption"><span>captiontext</span><img/></span>
So you can set in a stylesheet the properties for the imageCaption class and the enclosed span and img element.
In this case you only need to override some values in the plugin dialog that will generate the inline styles for you.
I developed this plugin on a linux machine and tested on Firefox 1.0, tiny_MCE 1.43. It worked fine.
Some features were tested on WinXP IE too.
If you would like to try it, you can download it from:
Only temporary download location.
Any comments are welcome!