Re: TinyMCE 3.1.0 Released

What?! What is guarding and what do you need it for?

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

yes.
My code is this:
  <script type="text/javascript">
    tinyMCE.init({
        // General options
        mode : "textareas",
        theme : "advanced",
        plugins : "safari,pagebreak,style,layer,table,save,advhr,advimage,advlink,emotions,iespell,inlinepopups,insertdatetime,preview,media,searchreplace,print,contextmenu,paste,directionality,fullscreen,noneditable,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template",

// Theme options
    theme_advanced_buttons1 : "save,newdocument,|,bold,italic,underline,strikethrough,|,justifyleft,justifycenter,justifyright,justifyfull,styleselect,formatselect,fontselect,fontsizeselect",
        theme_advanced_buttons2 : "cut,copy,paste,pastetext,pasteword,|,search,replace,|,bullist,numlist,|,outdent,indent,blockquote,|,undo,redo,|,link,unlink,anchor,image,cleanup,help,code,|,insertdate,inserttime,preview,|,forecolor,backcolor",
        theme_advanced_buttons3 : "tablecontrols,|,hr,removeformat,visualaid,|,sub,sup,|,charmap,emotions,iespell,media,advhr,|,print,|,ltr,rtl,|,fullscreen",
        theme_advanced_buttons4 : "insertlayer,moveforward,movebackward,absolute,|,styleprops,|,cite,abbr,acronym,del,ins,attribs,|,visualchars,nonbreaking,template,pagebreak",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_location : "top",
        theme_advanced_toolbar_align : "left",
        theme_advanced_statusbar_location : "bottom",
        theme_advanced_resizing : false,

save_onsavecallback : function() { tinyMCE.triggerSave(); changed = true;},   

// Example content CSS (should be your site CSS)
        content_css : "css/content.css",

// Drop lists for link/image/media/template dialogs
        template_external_list_url : "lists/template_list.js",
        external_link_list_url : "lists/link_list.js",
        external_image_list_url : "lists/image_list.js",
        media_external_list_url : "lists/media_list.js",

// Replace values for the template plugin
        template_replace_values : {
            username : "Some User",
            staffid : "991234"
        }
    });

But the problem is that when I do click in the button of guarding one does not guard the content in the computer.
Since I can do to implement the function to guard?
Thanks.

carol: Try it in your native Language. What do you mean with "guard"? Do you want to save the content? If so, you need to know some php.

Thank you for answering my message in and forum.
The "guard" is equal to "save".
I programme in PHP. Since I can programme the button of guarding?
Thank you

Hi "carol",

What do you understand by "touch the button"? Do you mean click or hover?

As a side note: Why do you post your question here? The "Tips, Tricks & HowTo's" section would have been more appropriate for your problem!

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.
(-> about me and this forum <-)

Hello: I want to save the content in the computer. Since I can do it?
The button of "save" does not work.
The  "touch the button"= click of button

When you press "Save", TinyMCE will do what is in your "<form action=...>" statement, e.g. call "save.php".
TinyMCE is no Wordprocessor and it is no HTML-Editor, it is a Tool to integrate in a content-management-system.

Hello: But in the example "Tinymce -> examples ->word.html", when your you touch the first icon that is for save, you rederig to another page.
I want that when this button is click, there appears the option to save in the computer.
Your response is not correct, because the "action" of the form cannot connect with the button of save.
The file exists jscripts ->tiny_mce-> plugins->autosave but not using it. YOUR do you know?
Thanks

Last edited by carol (2008-07-27 13:43:48)

carol, there is no option to save the content to your computer. The Word-Example calles "dump.php" when you hit save, and dump.php shows the content. So you could program a function to save the content to the Webserver and then download it. If you can, you can do things like that. It is not build in in TinyMCE.

I am wondering if it is my bad English or if it is the lack of any sense in your postings, but it seems you did not understand what TinyMCE is and what it can do.

Hello:
And since can I do a function the content to save to the computer?
Thank you

Hi carol,

TinyMCE can't save anything on your computer. It can send the edited data to a webserver. It is up to the webserver (or more precisely it's up to the script running on this server) what will become of the edited data. If you want to save something on your computer you'll need a server program (like Apache) run on your local machine which can receive the data sent by TinyMCE via your browser and store the things on your computer. This is a typical situation for a test system.

TINYMCE CAN'T SAVE ANYTHING!!! TinyMCE can make the browser send the data to a server but it can't do anything else but that.

Please accept this fact.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Hi,

I'm just trying to troubleshoot my problem as posted in the forum: http://tinymce.moxiecode.com/punbb/view … p?id=12856

Would this bug "Fixed bug where query strings and external URLs didn't work correctly in style attributes." fix my problem listed above?

I think we are running version 3.0.8 (based on the changelog.txt file)

anat wrote:

I think we are running version 3.0.8 (based on the changelog.txt file)

It's your choice which version you use... At the moment version 3.1.1 is the latest.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.

Greetings from Germany,

Felix Riesterer.