Topic: TinyMCE 3.5b2 Released

Time for another beta release of the 3.5 branch this one fixes a few issues with the last version but also introduces some new features.

Since the HTML5 logic added more complexity to how the enter key works in the editor we decided to rewrite that logic from scratch and in the meantime introduce a few new features and options.

New br_in_pre option
This option is enabled by default and changes the behavior on how the enter key is used within a pre tag. Since most pre tags are used for things like code examples like on our Wiki it made more sense to produce a BR on enter by default and only split pre tags when hitting shift+enter. If you don't want this new behavior you can set the br_in_pre to false.

BR vs P
I've seen a lot of requests over the years to have better support for producing BR elements by default in the editor. And I have always tried to explain why paragraphs is better than br:s.

But guess what I got some news for you BR fan boys out there this version now fully supports BR elements and things like alignment and indentation work it will auto generate a div if you don't have any block element to align or indent.

The force_br_newlines/force_p_newlines where removed since it doesn't make sense to mix the forced_root_block option with that. So just set forced_root_block to false and it will start spitting out those pesky BR elements. smile

If you want to split a block element while having forced_root_block set to false you would have to press shift+enter since enter will insert a BR within the block. We might add some option to control this as well in the future.

Changes noneditable plugin
There are still a few issues with this plugin that we need to address over the upcoming weeks. So I guess there will be a few more betas until we release the final of 3.5.

Thanks for all bug reports and patches etc.

Best regards,
Spocke - Main developer of TinyMCE

Re: TinyMCE 3.5b2 Released

With 3.5b2, when I click the "Block Quote" button first and then type some text, the editor seems to always start a new paragraph and close off the </blockquote> tag.  Thanks.

noneditable plugiin: do you plan to make it possible to copy/cut/paste/drag noneditable block (like img)? I think it can be useful.

and thanks for great work wink

@ray247: Could you file a bug report with details on how to reproduce that and what browser you use etc. Would make it easier to us to track it.

@mrrau: Sure however cut/copy/paste is very hard to work with since the browser doesn't have an API for accessing that. But we will see whats possible.

Best regards,

This bug still not be corrected since 2010.
And a solution was proposed.
http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtrack … hp?id=2770

Just filed the bug (Block Quote is not working properly with 3.5b2) at http://www.tinymce.com/develop/bugtrack … hp?id=5080

i use 3.2.5 editor for prestashop 1.3 and when paste html5 tags , tinymce convert these tags to html4 automatically
please give me one solution for this problem
thanks a lot

When I push enter the text doesn't go in a new line. All words remain attached... could you help me? I use drupal 7
THX!

@akbareshghi: Upgrade to the latest version to see if it's still an issue.
@ildruido99: File a bug report with steps for us to reproduce it.

Best regards,

ray247 wrote:

With 3.5b2, when I click the "Block Quote" button first and then type some text, the editor seems to always start a new paragraph and close off the </blockquote> tag.  Thanks.

thanks, please give me one solution for this problem.

jquery 1.4 is causing this particular problem, upgrade jquery to a higher version will solve it.

Can you please fix the issue with layer and absolute positioning? I tested it in the 5.2b /tryit/full.php page and still having the issue of not being able to move images using absolute after you hit submit.

described more in detail here:
http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=21587
and here:
http://www.tinymce.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=27536#