Here is a step by step list on how to install the GZip compressor.
- Download TinyMCE Compressor .NET from the download page.
- Copy the
tiny_mce_gzip.aspxto the tiny_mce directory. The same directory that contains the
- Remove the current script tag.
- Add the new new GZip script .
- Add the new GZip initialization call that will tell the compressor what to include in the output. This should be the sum of all and themes, plugins contained on page.
The example below will pack both themes and all plugins into one file/steam. Remove the things you don't need or add you custom plugins to the settings below. Remember that the tinyMCE_GZ.init call must be placed in it's own script tag.
- The GZip compressor can fail to load if the server has odd settings or is missing the required support for it to function. To see compilation errors or other problems we suggest that you use HTTP debugging tools like Fiddler or Firebug you can also point you browser directly to the GZip file.
- Consult the changelog of this script and make sure that you use the latest version of TinyMCE. These two parts are pretty much tied together so there is no guarantee that it will work with older versions of TinyMCE.
- Visit the TinyMCE Community forum for help with the TinyMCE Gzip Compressor.
- To remove a plugin, remember to remove it both from tinyMCE_GZ.init and TinyMCE.init.
- To add a plugin, remember to add it both to the tinyMCE_GZ.init and the tinyMCE.init calls.
This library is under LGPL license but it uses a GPL:ed third party library for the gzip compression. This third party library can be used in commercial applications. Review the"ICSharpCode.SharpZipLib_Readme.rtf" for details.
Thanks for the feedback!