Here is a step by step list on how to install the GZip compressor.
- Copy the tiny_mce_gzip.js and tiny_mce_gzip.cfm to the tiny_mce directory. The same directory that contains the tiny_mce.js file.
- Remove the current script tag.
- Add the new new GZip script .
- Add the new GZip initialization call that will tell the compressor what to include in the output. This should be the sum of all and themes, plugins contained on page.
The example below will pack both themes and all plugins into one file/steam. Remove the things you don't need or add you custom plugins to the settings below. Remember that the tinyMCE_GZ.init call must be placed in it's own script tag.
- The GZip compressor can fail to load if the server has odd settings or is missing the required support for it to function. To see compilation errors or other problems we suggest that you use HTTP debugging tools like Fiddler or Firebug you can also point your browser directly to the GZip file.
- Consult the changelog of this script and make sure that you use the latest version of TinyMCE. These two parts are pretty much tied together so there is no guarantee that it will work with older versions of TinyMCE.
- Visit the TinyMCE Community forum for help with the TinyMCE Gzip Compressor.
- To remove a plugin, remember to remove it both from tinyMCE_GZ.init and TinyMCE.init.
- To add a plugin, remember to add it both to the tinyMCE_GZ.init and the tinyMCE.init calls.
Thanks for the feedback!